The Magnificent Seven (1998-1999)
Back in 1998, this band debuted as "The Magnificent Seven with Special Guest Garfield". Original members included:
- Bob Conner, bass
- Doug Deming, guitar, vocals
- Don Gruendler, Jr., drums
- Mark Kieme, tenor saxophone
- Mark LoDuca, piano and organ
- James O'Donnell, trumpet
- Roy Wachtel, baritone saxophone
- Garfield, vocals
Jump Blues and Swing
The Magnificent Seven was a Detroit based Jump Blues and Swing band, formed in 1998 by leader Bob Conner. Their post-Swing Era style included favorites from the books of T-Bone Walker, Louis Jordan, Big Joe Turner, Lionel Hampton and Louis Prima.
The Magnificent Seven earned a spot on the 1998 Ford Montreaux-Detroit Jazz Festival.